July 21, 2011

Pretty psychotic

See, I had this drawing board bought from Japan which I ruined by drawing an ugly picture on it, but I didn't want to throw it away so I salvaged some magazine clipping and glued them all over it to make a canvas. Then I drew on it with black brushpens, poured coloured inks all over it, made coffee stains, used white paint... And then placed a previously completed and, on its own, totally boring picture of a military pin-up girl to it. There's heaps of criticism towards social media there too, but basically it was a mad creative process on one particularly rainy day.
And then there's this simple portrait of the Queen Of Hearts, who is one of my favourite Alice-verse characters. I love psychotic female characters; I love crazies in general.

This one I had already gave up on, but I went and improved it later. Boy, am I glad I did.

1 comment:

  1. Goooood how I loooooooooooooove this Queen of Hearts pic! *___* <3

    ReplyDelete