December 12, 2010

Christmas sales

It's Christmas time and you know what that means. Sales, sales, sales! Well, I haven't been just idly shopping, I also did attend an event with my own stuff to sell. The results? It went dashingly! I wasn't expecting my postcards to sell quite so well, so thanks everyone who stopped by. <3

The photo on the right is of my booth at the annual Christmas Bazaar in my university. I had quite a lot of leftovers from this summer's Artists' Alley so I took the chance to sell some of them, and I did sell out on several designs. I still have some of those long prints left (and some individual cards) so if anyone's interested in buying them, just leave a comment!

Sitting behind a table for a day is quite boring at times, so I doodled away the time. Here's some stuff I drew on good ole' cardboard during that day - coloured later on with Copics. The other one's only halfway done, though.

So what's up with drawing all these mushrooms these days? I hope someone would tell me that, also. I think I'll add some nice touches on the background with stamps and turn the 'Shroom Gal into a postcard design~ I haven't really used Copics in a while so I was pleased to find out the results weren't bad.

Since it's December and all, I've done some shopping myself! I found these lovely butterfly earrings made of wood while I was visiting Ornamo's Christmas sales on the 5th. <3
Well, the name tells your everything: "ihania" is Finnish and means "lovelies". Quite a fitting name, indeed. I am absolutely crazy over earrings. I hardly ever wear any other kind of jewelry, it's all about earrings for me. I like the cute, sort of romantic ones and especially if it's something from a small local brand. I like the sense of uniqueness, especially after I cut my hair short 'n' fluffy. When you're actually able to see your ears, what you wear in them becomes more important (for me, anyway). And what you know, earrings can make a short-haired lady look a lot more feminine. It's all about subtle details on my world.

Now that I wrote all that, I realize how weird I must sound most of the time...

Tomorrow, more Christmas shopping to do! I have to go and buy presents for my lovelies~ I know that buying presents is hardly necessary, but I'm the kind of person who likes to pamper those important to her. I'm not much of a cook or very good in household chores, but taking care of people is like my way of saying "I like you and I want you to feel happy around me". I guess that makes me quite the feminine girl in the end. (I've been writing so much about definitions of feminine and masculine for my thesis that it's making me sick, so I find defying gender roles very appealing right now)

0 comments:

Post a Comment