December 2, 2010

Don't call my name

To continue our venture to Wonderland, I present you something older this time. I actually did this little painting back in July or something. TwT;; The reason I haven't uploaded it anywhere is, well, I'm not exactly sure if I like it or not. First of all, I liked it so much more as a mere lineart. Secondly, Mad Hatter's uniform turned out pretty blah. And thirdly, her pose seems too stiff compared to passionate little Alice here.

I also had to do some digital postwork to cover up for some of my screw ups, which does not please me considering it was supposed to be a traditional work. -sigh- But then again, I really like how Alice turned out here, and the background in its all simplicity is exactly what I wanted. I thought it would be waste if I never shared this with anyone so here we go, it's not perfect but hope you like it anyway.

Maybe I'll just do a remake when I have the time... I just don't have anymore of this wonderful paper left anymore. T__T Oh bummer.

2 comments:

  1. I knew this too well from some of my own pics...
    but let me say you that I don't see all the things you listed up :)
    I especially like the dress, it's wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mayuko
    Ah, that's good to know. I'm always way too critical with my own works, but I guess that's how each and every artist is. ^^

    ReplyDelete