January 20, 2011

Fashion alienation

I bought new colour inks this week and after finishing the 40th page of my Thesis last night I allowed myself a free moment. I needed a little warming up for next week's design course, too...

Even though I'm graduating from Fashion Design, I often feel like fashion is really difficult to understand and at times it's just plain ridiculous. It's like a theatre play with costumes, make-up, wigs, choreographies and actors. The more I study the less sense it makes. And the current ideals in the fashion world are really pitiable - I find petite girls very cute, but going to the extreme with skinny figures, long necks and tall limbs and who knows what else makes me feel like models look more like aliens than human beings (that being said, I absolutely enjoy fashion photography though). Their proportions are almost freakish.

I guess you all can see how that mental process resulted in this quick little illustration. Models = aliens. 'Nuff said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment