January 28, 2011

Trying out different tools

An A5-sized picture of my Alice-verse White Queen, a character I had not drawn before this. It was requested by another user in dA, to whom I'm doing a watercolour illustration as a prize for winning a contest (I rarely do requests, but I sometimes offer them as contest prizes). I am not sure if I'm giving her this one or another one - I've done two illustrations because I couldn't decide which idea I liked the best. :'D

While the Queen herself was painted with watercolours, I tried a new technique on the background. It's painted with a thick layer of white acrylic and the little stones are attached to it using the acrylic as glue. Acrylic is permanent when dry, so they'll stick to it pretty well.

I had no idea how it would turn out, but it was a funny little experiment. A pain to scan, though, since it has three-dimensional elements...

0 comments:

Post a Comment